The Valley of the Tetons Tool Library is a free tool lending program designed to empower library patrons through repair and maintenance. The free tool lending concept is identical to that of a book lending library, but instead of books, we lend tools!
- Patrons must be age 18 or over and have a valid VTL Public Library card to borrow tools from The VTL Tool Library.
- Prior to borrowing, all Patrons must (a) complete a VTL Membership Application (see below); (b) sign the Waiver and Indemnification Form; and (c) have their residence confirmed by staff.
- Tools and equipment are loaned for up to 7 days. Failure to return the tools and equipment by the due date will incur late fees and suspend the account.
- Only the Patron is authorized to use the Tool Library. The Patron shall not permit the use of tools checked out to him or her by any other person.
- Tools must be returned to the Tool Library staff. Tools cannot be dropped off during closed hours.
- Tools must be returned clean and cords coiled.
- Renewals: all items may be renewed depending on availability and demand.
- Tool Library Patrons are responsible for lost/stolen/broken and damaged tools – reasonable wear and tear expected. If tools are lost/stolen/broken or damaged, the Tool Library Member is responsible for (a) notifying the police if stolen and reporting to the VTL Tool Library and/or (b) the cost of replacement/cost of repair of lost/stolen/broken/damaged tools.
- Borrowing privileges will be suspended until all fees are paid in full.
- The Tool Library is not liable for any property damage caused by the use of the tools and equipment including any damage caused by loading and unloading tools and equipment from Tool Library Patron’s vehicle.
- Reservations: Patron loan on a first-come-first-serve basis. Reservations can be made depending on availability and demand. The tool will be held until the end of business day.
- One person per membership. All Patrons will be asked to present their VTL Public Library card to borrow tools. Patron card must match member name.
- The Tool Library reserves the right to limit the number of tools borrowed.
- If any borrowed tool becomes unsafe or in a state of disrepair, the Patron must immediately discontinue use of the tool and notify staff of the issues upon return, if not earlier.
- The Library reserves the right to refuse or limit renewals and will do so based on demand. The Tool Library retains the right to refuse the loan of any tool for failure to comply with any of the policies, or for falsification of any information.
VTL Tool Lending Library Membership Application
(Sample. Physical copy must be filled out and signed at the Victor library)
The tools in the collection are for Patron use only.
I________________________________________(print) state that I am capable and experienced in using the tools I am borrowing and that I will use the tools I am borrowing in a proper manner.
I_________________________________________ waive any and all claims against Valley of the Tetons Library and the Tool library, its officers and librarians and employees for any injury or any nature that I may suffer or incur in the use of the tools that I am borrowing from the VTL Library.
I_________________________________________hereby for myself agree to release and indemnify and hold harmless Valley of the Tetons library from any and all liability loss damage and actions or causes of action for the death or injury to any persons and for any property damage suffered or incurred by any person which arises or may arise or be occasioned in any way for the use of tools I am borrowing from the VTL Tool Library. I am aware that VTL and is employees claim no expertise and make no representation concerning the fitness of any tool for any particular use.
I affirm the above is true and assume all responsibility for the tools loaned to me from the VTL library.
Signature_________________________________________ Date ___/____/____
Name __________________________________ Patron Number_________________