The Valley of the Tetons Library (VTL) gratefully accepts material donations including books, books on CD, DVD’s, and similar items in good shape that we can offer for a donation.
If you wonder what we want, follow this simple rule: would you give it to a friend? If so, we would love to have it.
VTL accepts donations whenever we are open. We prefer donations at our Victor location- limit 3 boxes per week. We can also accept single box donations in Driggs. Donations must be made in containers that can be left behind. If you have a larger donation of items you believe we would want, please email email@example.com.
We also appreciate donations for our Tool Library, which not only exists, but continues to flourish because of the generosity of our community. To donate tools, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us about your donations and to set up an appointment.
Once donated, all items become the property of Valley of the Tetons Library.
Library staff can provide a receipt but cannot assign monetary value to donations. If considering a donation for a tax benefit, it is up to the donor to determine a fair market value of their donation.
We do not accept donations that are:
- contingent on acceptance into the collection, or expected to be treated differently than other donations
- unsellable, moldy, chewed, damaged, etc.
- written in/highlighted
- Dictionaries, unless bilingual
- Professional Journals
- Law Books, Case Law
- Calendar-based books (quote of the day, etc.)
- Personal in nature: journals, yearbooks, etc
- Homemade books
- Reader’s Digest Condensed Books
- Time Life Series Books
- Books with time-sensitive information that goes out of date: outdated science books, computer books, travel guides, textbooks, etc. — We MAY accept these books if they are in good condition and less than five years old. Please check before bringing such items.
We do not accept newspapers, unless of historical value. Please call before bringing magazines.
Occasionally, due to the volume of recent donations or lack of storage, we may stop accepting donations. Please check here for our most recent guidelines.
Your donations help us both offer affordable items to the public and benefit the library through the proceeds they raise. We appreciate your generosity and thank you for thinking of the Valley of the Tetons Library!