VTL MATERIAL DONATION GUIDELINES
updated August, 2023
Valley of the Tetons Library (VTL) gladly accepts material donations including books, DVD’s, and certain tools in good to excellent condition. If you wonder what donations may be accepted, ask yourself: would you give it to a friend? That’s a good start. But please also review the donation guidelines or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
PRINTED OR DIGITAL MATERIAL DONATIONS
- NEW HOURS– VTL accepts donations at the Victor Branch on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays, from 10:30-5:30 pm.
- Limit: 1 donation per patron per month
- Limit: 5 boxes/bags per donation.
- All donations must be made in containers that can be left behind.
- We can help bring boxes from a vehicle to the library but cannot unload containers to be returned to the donor.
- Once donated, all items become the property of Valley of the Tetons Library.
- Library staff can provide a receipt but cannot assign monetary value to donations. It is up to the donor and tax professional to determine a fair market value of their donation.
- At any time, due to the volume of recent donations or lack of storage, VTL may be unable to accept donations. Our space is limited and we do our best to accept what we can!
We do not accept donations that are:
- Contingent on acceptance into VTL collections, or to be treated differently than other donations
- Unsellable due to mold, loose pages, or other damage.
- Written in/highlighted/or full of sticky notes/index tabs.
- Professional Journals. I.e. science or law
- Law Books, Case Law
- Calendar-based books (quote of the day, etc.)
- Personal in nature: journals, yearbooks, etc
- Homemade books/spiral spines
- Reader’s Digest Condensed Books
- Time Life Series Books
- Compact Discs/VHS Tapes
- Multiple copies of the same title
- MOST books with time-sensitive topics: textbooks, computer guides, pricing books for antiques/collectibles, travel guides, National Geographic books, etc. If you have these to donate and they are relatively new and in outstanding condition, you may email email@example.com to set up an appointment with our Collections Manager.
- No cookbooks at this time.
- We may, occasionally, accept cookbooks, but please check here or email for our current status!
We do not accept newspapers or magazines.
TOOL and THINGS DONATIONS
Our Tool Library thrives because of donations, most of our tools were donated, and so we appreciate the generosity of our community!
However, our tool space is limited so we take tool donations via appointment only. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, tell us what you have and if it’s something that is needed in the tool library, our Collections Manager will reach out to set up an appointment.
It’s that easy!
Your donations help us both offer affordable items to the public and benefit the library through the proceeds they raise. We appreciate your generosity and thank you for thinking of Valley of the Tetons Library!