Valley of the Tetons Library gratefully accepts new books that may be considered for inclusion in our collection or to be sold at our Friends of the Library Book Sales. We also accept used books, movie DVDs, books on CD, and other similar materials in good condition. We also appreciate donations for our Tool Library, but please email Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org before bringing tools, because of limited space. Once donated, all items become the property of Valley of the Tetons Library and may be added to our collections, placed on our by-donation bookshelves, sold at our Library Book Sales, traded, sold, donated, or otherwise discarded.
Large donations are accepted at our Victor location during operating hours. Small donations may be dropped off at either library location. Tools must be dropped off in Victor. We do not pick up donations. Occasionally, due to the volume of recent donations or lack of storage, we may stop accepting donations for a period of time.
We do have a few limitations on what we accept. Items we do not accept are:
- Unsellable books…moldy, burned, chewed, smoke or water damaged, missing pages, broken bindings, etc.
- Books heavily written in/highlighted
- Professional Journals/Reference
- Law Books, Statutes, Case Law, etc.
- School Yearbooks
- Calendar-based books (devotional, quote of the day, etc.)
- Personal Journals/Homemade books
- Condensed Books (Reader’s Digest)
- Time Life Series Books
- Certain time sensitive books that are more than 5 years old including: computer books, investment guides, travel guides, test prep, and textbooks.
We do not accept newspapers and accept a limited amount of magazines. Please call and check before bringing magazines.
Library staff cannot assign a value to donated items, but can provide a receipt acknowledging the donation. If considering donation for tax benefit, it is up to the donor to determine a fair market value of their donation.
Thank you for thinking of Valley of the Tetons Library!